Complete Roof Inspection by Harriss Roofing
Commercial & Residential Roof Inspections in Glen Burnie, MD
Throughout Glen Burnie, MD, Home and business owners and the surrounding communities trust the knowledgeable team at Harriss Roofing for their roof inspection service. With over 35 years of experience, our roofing contractors know what to look out for during your roof inspection service. Whether you believe it’s time to replace your home or business’s old roof, or you want to ensure your new roof has been installed correctly, our team will provide you with an accurate assessment of your property’s roof. Your roof is essential for protecting your home or business, and our team will make sure it is in good condition. Contact Harriss Roofing today to schedule your commercial or residential roof inspection.
Why Do I Need to Have My Roof Inspected?
Whether you’re a home or business owner, one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make is purchasing residential or commercial property. Rainwater is one of the most dangerous elements to property owners and causes hundreds of thousands of dollars of damages every year to properties with leaky, ineffective roofs. However, our experts can conduct a thorough roof inspection to ensure your roof will keep your home or office safe during inclement weather. Some of the most common signs you need to have your roof inspected include:
- Granules in Your Gutters – Asphalt roofs are manufactured with a layer of rocks. As your roof begins to age, the layer of stones begins to degrade and may end up in your gutters. When you clean your gutters, keep an eye out for granules. If you notice granules in your gutters, you may need a roof inspection.
- Sagging Roof – It may be alarming when you notice your property’s roof is beginning to sag in some areas. There are numerous reasons your roof is sagging, including water damage, a shift in your property’s foundation, and faulty installation.
- Missing Shingles – Shingles found lying on your roof, lodged in your gutters, or falling to the ground mean your home isn’t adequately protected from rain and snow. Our team will provide a comprehensive inspection and let you know if a roof repair or replacement is necessary.
What Does a Roof Inspection Service Include?
When it’s time for your roof inspection, you should always choose an experienced and licensed company for the best results. At Harriss Roofing, our contractors have installed and repaired thousands of commercial and residential roofs throughout Glen Burnie, MD, so we know exactly what to look for during your inspection. Once the review is completed, we will provide you with a detailed explanation of our findings and provide our best recommendation, including roof replacement or repairs if necessary. During your inspection, our roofing experts look for:
- Sagging or Weakness
- Indication of Moisture
- Damaged or Missing Shingles
- Cracked Caulking
- Water Runoff Issues
- Any Additional Signs of Damage or Wear
When Is the Best Time for a Roof Inspection?
New asphalt shingle roofs installed by a licensed professional typically last between 13-15 years. However, we recommend having your property’s roof inspected every 2-3 years for your peace of mind and to provide early detection for any potential issues. If you’ve only recently purchased the property, you may want to have the roof inspected within the first year to understand its age better and if it can protect your home or business. Winter in Maryland is often cold, wet, and snowy, which can put additional stress on your property’s roof. It’s ideal to have your roof inspected during the summer or spring to ensure that it holds up to the winter season.
Choose the Local Roofing Inspection Professionals
As the area’s leader in roofing repair, installation, and inspection, home and business owners throughout Glen Burnie, MD, count on us to keep their property safe from inclement weather. Our licensed and experienced roofing professionals have decades of combined experience installing high-quality roofs on homes and businesses throughout the community. As trusted professionals, you can always count on us to protect your investment. With high-quality materials and years of experience, you can feel confident you’ll get the very best service every time. Contact our team today to schedule your roof inspection service.