Harriss Roofing Responds to Urgent Roofing Problems
Unfortunately, storms and strong winds can occur without warning at any time of day. This could mean that you’re left with a leaking roof that’s damaging your home and potentially your belongings. Harriss Roofing is here to help you in these urgent situations, as we can complete emergency roof repair for residents of Glen Burnie, MD. Our team responds to these situations in a timely manner and knows how to act quickly to protect your home as we formulate a plan to repair your roof. Please reach out to us as soon as possible if you need emergency service.
How to Protect Your Home During a Leak
A leaking roof can quickly cause damage, which is why it’s essential to know how to protect your home and belongings. Even the fastest responding roof repair team will still take several minutes or sometimes hours to arrive at your home, depending on how many other emergency calls the team has. During this time, water could potentially pour into your home, especially if it continues to rain. For this reason, you need to know how to protect your home until help can arrive. The best things you can do to protect your home include:
- Try to Collect Incoming Water: Use a household item like a bucket, trash can, pan, or plastic container to collect any water leaking through the roof. Don’t forget to empty the containers regularly, so they don’t spill over onto the floor.
- Remove Important Items: Make sure any items that could be damaged are removed from the area. This includes important documents, computers, furniture, electronics, and more. Any larger items can be covered in plastic to provide protection.
- Keep an Eye on the Ceiling: Be sure to pay attention to the ceiling. If you see it starting to bubble, it’s best to poke a hole in the area to release the water, as allowing it to pool and bubble could end up causing more damage.
We Prioritize Emergency Roofing Repairs
When your roof springs a leak, you want to know that there’s a team at the ready to help you protect your home. At Harriss Roofing, we complete all types of roofing services, but we always prioritize emergency roofing repairs. This ensures that you’re taken care of first, as this will help stop the damage from spreading and save your home from extensive water damage. Though we respond as quickly as we can, our team is also here to offer tips and advice on how you can protect your home from precipitation until we’re able to arrive. Our goal is always to help you preserve your roof’s structural integrity and your belongings.
Emergency Roofing Tips
If you’re facing an emergency roofing crisis, it can be difficult to know what to do and where to start. The best thing you can do is remain calm. You’ll first want to assess the severity of the damage. If there is a large hole, do what you can to move items that could become damaged. However, if the roof seems unstable or you’re worried about it possibly collapsing, you’ll want to leave your home, as this is dangerous. If it’s only a small leak, you can remain in the house. Just be sure to collect any water coming in and move or cover any household items, so they don’t get wet.
When to Call for Emergency Roofing Repair
As a homeowner, it can sometimes be difficult to know what constitutes a roofing emergency. You may be hesitant to call because it may not seem like an urgent issue. However, there are many cases where your roof needs immediate attention, or severe damage could occur. It’s important to recognize when you need an emergency repair so that you can call a professional as soon as possible. Emergency roofing repair is needed if:
- Your home has experienced hail or rain damage
- Your roof has an active leak that is allowing water into the home
- You notice shingles are misplaced, and there is exposed roofing
- Your roof has been damaged by strong winds
We Offer Comprehensive Services
Harriss Roofing is a full-service roofing company, but we do much more than that. We offer many services that help both home and business owners repair, protect, and enhance their structures. Our team can complete any of the following services:
- Roof Repair: If your roof is damaged by a storm or another external factor, our team can provide the necessary repairs.
- Siding Installation & Repair: We can replace existing siding and install new siding to upgrade the look of your home.
- Gutter Replacement & Repair: Our team can ensure your gutters will properly drain water away from your home with replacement and repair services.
- Skylight Installation & Repair: Add a new skylight or repair an existing one with our team that has extensive skylight experience.
- Residential Roofing: We have experience installing and repairing residential roofs of all types, including cedar shakes, slate, shingles, metal, and more.
- Commercial Roofing: Commercial roofing requires specialized knowledge. Our team knows how to properly maintain, repair, and replace your commercial roof.
Contact Our Team Today
When you’re facing a roofing emergency, you need a professional who will act quickly and provide the service you need. Our business has been around for more than 35 years, and we have a team of experienced workers to ensure your repairs are completed correctly. Please reach out to us today if you would like to schedule service at your home or business.